2013年12月31日星期二

Two Pairs of Lovely Earrings, a Forever Friendship

  Good friends commonly have some similar items to show their tacit understanding. Also, they tend to buy something alike out of a special feeling. My best friend Rose and I almost like the same type of commodities in daily life. Thus we have many similarities no matter in external dressing or internal character. The Vintage Rhinestone Giraffe Earrings I sent her and the Crystal Skull Crown Earrings she sent me can be acclaimed as the most meaningful tokens between us.

  I remembered three years ago we were leaving home to college. Before going away, I determined to give her a token which could accompany her instead of me. After selecting carefully, I purchased the Vintage Rhinestone Giraffe Earrings for her because I supposed that this kind of jewelry was suitable for our age. It was neither too luxury nor too simple. The giraffe was so cute that young girls were easily attracted by it.

  When we went out to meet, I took out the earrings to give her. To my surprise, she also bought a pair of earrings for me! She opened the casket, glowing luster shined brightly, which caught my eyes at once. The earrings were shaped hollow skulls which were set some glaring rhinestones, looking fantastic! I couldn’t wait to express my thanks to her, saying that she was so considerate. Although we were unwilling to be separated, we said goodbye to each other and left for our destination the next day.

  When I wore the Crystal Skull Crown Earrings, I would naturally think of her. It seemed that she had always stayed on my side and never left. I could imagine that she was bound to think of me when she wore the Vintage Rhinestone Giraffe Earrings. For us, that was enough. Knowing that a friend was missing you, you would feel content with your life. The French writer Hugo said: “The largest happiness in life is that we are loved.”


没有评论:

发表评论